Welcome to Blue Dolphin Craft

Have you ever been so wrapped up in what you are doing, that time just fades away and the worries of the world are gone, just for a time? It can be a beautiful space to be in. This is what crafting does for many people, myself included. When you allow yourself to let creativity flow, there is amazing freedom and joy. Not only are there benefits while crafting, but there is also great benefit in seeing your finished work of art!

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Material Butterflies

Hello Everyone! 

It has been a while since I posted, there has been a lot going on. Today I would like to share a new technique that I have been trying for a while. 

I have been using a double-sided pellon to adhere the material to cardstock and chipboard for a while now. It works well and is especially flexible. I use it to cover my books and journals. There is no cracking on the hinges or corners. It is also much more durable. I took the idea from my journals and had a go at using it to cover a card. As you can see, it is a lovely finish both visually and texturally. 

I used lightweight cotton fabric to cover the card. This process is quite simple. All you need is double-sided Pellon, fabric of your choice and card stock. Follow the pellon instructions and make sure you cover your ironing board before ironing. I didn’t and now I need to buy a new ironing board cover. Iron the Pellon onto the fabric and then onto the card. It is possible to cut the fabric once it is attached to the card with your paper trimmer. 

In this card I used the Butterfly Beauty Dies and the matching Beauty Abounds Stamp set. I also used Adhesive Sheets on the back of the Artistry Blooms designer series paper, so it was easy to adhere the butterflies to each other and then to the backing card. The backing is hand made from Very Vanilla Card Stock. I used a Sponge Dauber to apply Petal PinkBlushing BrideHighland HeatherGranny Apple GreenDaffodil Delight onto the card stock. 






Comments

Thanks so much for commenting today. You've really made my day 😊